Sunday, February 27, 2005

Billary in 2008? I hope not...

With President Bush's reelection it leaves the thought out there: Who in 2008? I have a friend who normally votes democratic but this year voted for Bush, why? Not because she thought he was the better choice necessarily but because she wants Hillary Clinton as president in 2008. I am not a sexist and don't think that a woman would do a good job as a president but Billary in the white house again? Heaven help us. I believe that women make great leaders and can see different sides to a topic or event than men can, but I don't believe that that first woman president slot should be occupied by Hillary. Her husband has done enough damage to the country and the world in his two terms, can we stand to have him as "first lady" and helping his wife during her terms? I'm not a strong politicaly minded man, I believe in the founding fathers and their dream for our country, it was them that paved the way for this country to be as great as it is. My hopes and wishes are that we strive to elect leaders for our country that actually care about the job they do and not just about writing a book when they are done. My request to the country: hold true to the values and the designs that our great nation was founded on; "one nation under God" there is no comma there and nor should there be. With God all is possible, without him all is futile.

No comments: