Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday stories

I haven't posted on here in over a year. So many things have happened but there is no way to get caught up so I'll just start again (and hopefully be better at it - for the whole 2 -maybe- that read it).
At church, since my wife is the children's chorister, I get to have my youngest with me for all my meetings. Today during Sunday School, since he will not sit still anymore, we walked around the building - well I followed wherever he decided that he wanted to go. Right before Priesthood we went into the gym and I had a little ball in my pocket so I put it down and kicked it to him. He was so excited that he chased it down and then kicked it himself. He then proceeded to be a little soccer player and would kick and chase it for a few times then pick it up and throw it and chase it down again for another round of kicking.
Bedtime has gone through many ups and downs since our schedule has been quite crazy but tonight we said family prayer when son#2 went to bed and then we had a little bit of time before son#1 went down. After we brushed his teeth and were heading into bed, he climbed into bed and looked at me and said "Daddy, I wanna say prayer so snakes don't get me in my bed." So we kneeled down and I asked him to say it.
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you. Please bless me to be safe. Please bless me to be brave. In name Jesus Christ, Amen."
We have said prayers before to be brave and safe and to help him sleep but it is usually me coaching him. But every now and then he just comes off with these perfect prayers and has the faith that Heavenly Father and Jesus will keep him safe.
I love the faith of a child and now completely understand why we need to become as a child and have the faith, love, and complete trust. I am so grateful for the blessings of the gospel in my life. It brings such a comfort as a father to know what I need to teach my boys and that I'm not alone but can turn to God with anything that I need help on. Mormon.com is an amazing resource to answer questions and help anyone searching for the truth.

No comments: