Monday, February 14, 2005

How to be Romantic... maybe not.

I was listening to the radio last night and I heard an ad telling men how to be romantic and "nothing says romance like taking your significant other to OutBack Steak House". Well I'm like most guys, I like a good steak every now and then, but my wife isn't the biggest meat eater. She makes the comment "shouldn't they be focusing that towards the girls to take their man?" She's right, on the average a steak house is more of a man's place than a woman's. (I'm not saying women don't eat steak but on average its true.) I responded to her by saying that valentine's day was more of a woman's holiday than a man's. But then I got to thinking, its very sad that OutBack thinks that men are that non-romantic that they can tell them to take their wives/gf's to a steak house. Granted its a nice resturaunt but it just goes to show the general thoughts of men and their being romantic. Granted men in general are stupid when it comes to relationships, we aren't the most focused on our feelings and on romance but guys can do the job when they really try. Come on OutBack give us a break believe in your customers and stop perpetuating these stereo types; Tell our wive's and GF's to take us to OutBack as a Thank You for a great Valentine's!

No comments: